B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering) [B.Tech(CSE)]
Apeejay Institute of Management & Engineering Technical Campus offers Engineering programmes which focus on the concepts starting from Basic Science to Advanced Engineering Technologies. The School of Engineering & Technology is regarded as one of the best B.Tech. colleges of Jalandhar, Punjab, and offers 4-year courses in:
- B.Tech. - Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech. - CSE (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
- B.Tech. - CSE (Internet of Things & Cyber Security including Blockchain Technology)
Salient Features of the School of Engineering and Technology:
- State-of-the-art infrastructure of labs, hardware setup and software for Engineering Department.
- Extensive student engagement model followed by the Department for students through regular interactions via mentor mentee meetings, professional workshops and seminars on latest emerging trends in Technology.
- Lectures workshops by experts from MSMES.
- AICTC sponsored FDPs & workshops for enhancing knowledge & skills of faculty as well as students.
- Dedicated and dynamic faculty.
- Organising regular industrial visits to provide students practical exposure of concepts learnt in theoretical classes. Excellent & innovative teaching methodologies, pedagogical tools and strategies for effective teaching-learning process.
- Hands-on learning activities for skill development of the students.
- Design projects throughout the Engineering programme highlight life-long outcome-based, research led teaching pedagogy.
Hailed as the top Engineering college in Jalandhar, Punjab, Apeejay Institute of Management & Engineering Technical Campus provides a conducive environment for students. It also encourages faculty to carry on research endeavours in their respective fields, and ensures progression of adequate resources & infrastructure for the same. Some of the specialisations offered by the Institute of Engineering include Software Engineering, Computer Network & Security, Soft Computing, Operating System & Relational Database Management System, etc. Our objective is to ensure that students become competent in applying their classroom learning in real-world situations. It is for this reason that we give equal emphasis on theoretical learning/concept-formation and practical/laboratory sessions in curriculum designing for our courses. We want our students to be abreast with the latest in the fields of Engineering & Technology and hence, keep on updating our course contents & time table accordingly.
As one of the most preferred institutes by the students who aspire to study in the top CSE college of Jalandhar, Punjab, we have further enriched our course list to add specialised courses in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning and Internet of Things & Cyber Security, including Block Chain Technology.
Apeejay Institute of Engineering & Technology makes students aware about the opportunities and vistas available for them by enabling them to be competent in their respective fields, and inculcating an attitude of becoming receptive to futuristic technologies. It is for this reason that Apeejay Institute of Engineering & Technology has become the best Engineering College in Jalandhar, Punjab.
State-of-the-art infrastructure, best-selling textbooks, e-books, well-equipped laboratories, competent & experienced faculty and opportunity for practical exposure is provided to the students for a seamless learning experience. This also contributes to the Institute being ranked among the top B. Tech. Colleges in Jalandhar, Punjab.
Apeejay Institute of Management & Engineering Technical Campus has earned the reputation of becoming the best CSE colleges in Jalandhar, Punjab (North). It has everything in place to create a conducive & interactive learning environment for grooming of engineers who are computed to reign & conquer the world of technology, research and innovation.
Passionate & Dedicated Faculty
Students will also learn from experienced teaching faculty and gain from insights of some of the top employers through opportunities such as field trips, internships, real-life scenarios & practical assignments and guest lecturers from industry professionals & networking events. For complete faculty profiles, click here
Eligibility Criteria/ Qualifying Exam
The admission to these courses will be based on merit in the qualifying examination, provided the candidate is otherwise eligible for admission.
B. Tech. - 1st Year
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a Board recognised or established by Central/State Government through a legislation with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects:
- Computer Science / Technical Vocational Subject
If the seats of B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) remain vacant after the Central counselling, the seats may be filled with the candidates having following qualification also: 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects:
- Computer Science / Technical Vocational Subject
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or any such examination from any other recognised State Board of Technical Education.
The candidates who have passed two years’ Certificate Course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), shall be eligible.
B. Tech. - 2nd Year (Lateral Entry)
- All those candidates who have passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved Institution and have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology shall be eligible to apply.
- All those candidates who have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognised University as defined by UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed Class XII with Mathematics as a subject shall be eligible to apply.
- Students who have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognised University as defined by UGC shall clear the subject of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year Engineering program along with 2nd year subjects.
- Students belonging to B.Sc. stream may further note that they shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.