Intra Institute Activities
Computer Vision Contest
The School of Information Technology of the Institute organises the contest the Computer Vision Contest to develop the technical skill of the students. The events held in the contest include Computer Quiz, Logic Testing in C++, PC Gaming, Group Discussion, Case Study on System Analysis & Design, Net Savvy, Paper Presentation, Website Development, Software Development-Application Generation Event and Case Study.
Under the Computer Vision Contest 2014-2015, the School of Information Technology also organised the event of ‘Gaming’ in the Campus for the MCA, MBA, BBA, BCA and B. Com (P) students on 26th September 2014.
An Intra-College IT Quiz was held in the Campus for the MCA students on March 3, 2015. A total of 14 teams participated in the preliminary test and 4 were shortlisted for the final round. Abhishek Sahijpal and Simerjit Singh from MCA (IV) won the Quiz. Pooja and Jyotsna of MCA (IV) were the first runners-up.
Software Development Event
An event of Software Development was held in the Campus for the MCA and BCA students on 25th February 2015. Out of the 6 teams that participated, Supinderjit Kaur & Neha of MCA (IV A) were declared as the winners.
The School of Information Technology organised a workshop on ‘Android and PHP’ for the students and faculty of AIMETC on 16th July 2014 at the campus.
National Conference on ‘Rethink, Redefine, Redesign: A Futuristic Approach to Business’
Jalandhar, April 19, 2014: Apeejay Institute of Management & Engineering Technical Campus organised a National Conference on ‘Rethink, Redefine, Redesign: A Futuristic Approach to Business’ in the campus wherein more than 150 papers were presented in five technical sessions. The Conference saw an overwhelming participation from a number of eminent personalities, researchers, academicians, students and faculty from various institutions. Mr Kulwant Singh Wilkhu, Director, Global Business and Innovation Solutions, Sutlej Group, India was the Chief Guest for the occasion. Mr Sharad Aggarwal, Managing Director, Forging and Chemical Industries Private Limited; Dr Prem Kumar, Professor and Director-Projects, BML Munjal University, Gurgaon and Dr Harvinder Singh, Associate Professor, IMT, Ghaziabad were the guests of honour for the occasion.
The Institute has been organising seminars and conferences. The issues covered in seminars are of significant importance for teachers, students and researchers.
- FDP on ‘Innovative and Corporate Approach towards Learning & Placements (ICTP)’ held on September 12, 2015.
- PTU Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on ‘IBM DB2’ from December 17-19, 2012.
- PTU sponsored a one-week Faculty Development Programme on 'Emerging Trends of Wireless Networks in Medical Field: Issues, Challenges and Tools' from May 14, 2012 - May 18, 2012.
- PTU sponsored a one-week Faculty Development Programme on 'Analytical Techniques for Business Research' from May 8, 2012 - May 12, 2012.
- PTU sponsored a one-week Faculty Development Programme on 'Digital Image Processing & Application in Pattern Recognition' from July 25, 2011 - July 29, 2011.
- National Conference on 'Business Innovation' held on February 27, 2010.
- AICTE sponsored a National Seminar on 'Enterprise Information Systems' held on May 24, 2008.
- AICTE sponsored a National Conference on 'Innovative Applications of IT & Management for Economic growth of India' held on April 21-22, 2006.
- National Seminar on 'Strategic Outsourcing' held on December 17, 2005.
- AICTE sponsored a National Seminar on 'Global Competitiveness and Productivity' held on March 21-22, 2003.
- National Seminar on 'WTO and Its Implications on Punjab Economy', held on December 14, 2002.
- National Seminar on 'Management Education in India: A Perspective for 21st Century' held on March 13, 1999.
An alumni-student interaction session was held in the campus on 30th January 2014. Mr. Ritul Thakur, Services Delivery Manager, IBM, Singapore was the resource person for the same. He has been a MCA student at AIMETC (2001-2004 batch).